For a local group to be able to nominate land it will have to:
- Demonstrate that its activities are wholly or partly concerned with East Cambridgeshire or with a neighbouring authority (an authority which shares a boundary with East Cambridgeshire)
- Evidence that it has a qualifying local connection to the asset
Assets can be nominated for inclusion on our list of assets of community value by:
- Parish Councils: Any Parish Council within the borders of East Cambridgeshire can nominate an asset in their parish to East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC)
- Unincorporated groups: Nominations can be accepted from any unincorporated group with membership of at least 21 local people who appear on the electoral roll within the local authority area, or a neighbouring local authority.
- Neighbourhood Forums: as described in Section 61F of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Community interest groups with one of the following structures:
- A charity
- A community interest company
- A company limited by guarantee that is non profit distributing
- An industrial and provident society that is non-profit distributing
How to Nominate an Asset
A nomination must include certain information, to ensure that you provide the correct information please use the nomination form below:
You can contact us using our customer enquiry form below or you can write to us at Leisure & Community Services, East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE.
What happens following a nomination?
ECDC will decide whether land nominated by a community nomination should be included on the list of Assets of Community Value within eight weeks of receiving the nomination.
We will inform the following of the receipt of a nomination and notify them of the outcome once all of the information received on the nomination form has been considered.
- the Parish Council
- the owner of the land
- any freeholders or leaseholders
- any lawful occupant of the land and
- the Ward Councillor(s)
If the nomination is successful, ECDC will:
- register the asset as an Asset of Community Value on the Local Land Charges Register and if the land is registered, register a restriction against the Land Registry title
- notify the organisation which originally nominated the asset of the outcome, together with reasons if the application is unsuccessful
- notify the organisation which originally nominated the asset if the asset is subsequently removed from the list following a review of the decision
There is no right of review included within the Localism Act provisions for a community interest group against a decision not to include an asset on the list.