The risk of the coronavirus being passed on to others outdoors is considered to be low as long as people maintain social distancing. In England you can leave your home to exercise and spend time outdoors for recreation with your household or in groups of up to six people from outside your household.
There are no restrictions on how far you can travel to get to the countryside.
Parks and open spaces across East Cambridgeshire remain open for use in line with Government guidelines and to help you socially distance while using open spaces, we have installed distancing circles on the ground at Ely Country Park. Each circle is four metres in diameter and eight metres away from other circles to allow you to safely use the open spaces. We are reminding residents using open spaces to stay two metres away from other and only meet up to five other people at any one time in an outdoor area. Government guidelines on accessing green spaces safely: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-on-accessing-green-spaces-safely
To stay safe, you must:
- Take hygiene precautions when you are outside
- Wash your hands as soon as you are back indoors
- Keep at least two metres apart from anyone outside your household at all times
- Take hand sanitiser with you when you set off in case there are no handwashing facilities
Play parks have re-opened. The potential risk of infection remains however, so please do not use any equipment if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19. To ensure play equipment is safe for all to use, please
- wash or sanitise your hands before and after use
- avoid touching your face, unless your hands are clean
- wear a face covering if at all possible
- supervise children to maintain good hygiene and social distancing
- if social distancing cannot be maintained, please wait until the equipment is free
Respect other people and Protect the natural environment
Remember your actions can affect people’s lives and livelihoods. Please take time to read signage. Respect the measures that the Council, other local authorities and site management have put in place to help ensure social distancing.
Before travelling, you should check if facilities, such as car parks and toilets, are open to visitors . Do not park on verges or block gates and drives as this restricts access for other vehicles.
So that everyone can enjoy our open spaces, please follow this guidance:
- Take your litter home
- Do not use barbecues as they risk causing wildfires
- Keep dogs under effective control and on a lead when around farm animals
- Leave gates as you find them and follow instructions on signs
- Keep to footpaths and follow signs where they suggest alternative routes
Report Litter, Full Litter Bins and Fly Tipping
Every effort is made to empty litter and dog waste bins on a regular basis, and to keep our public spaces clean . We encourage fast food outlets and the managmement company of the Leisure Village in Ely to do the same. However, if you see any over-flowing litter or dog waste bins or fly-tipping please let us know by contacting Customer Services on 01353 665555 or by completing an online report form: