Cancel Your Visa Application

Cancel your Visa, Immigration or Citizenship Application

You can ask to cancel (withdraw) an application for a visa, visa extension or citizenship.
How you cancel an application depends on where you applied.

You applied outside the UK

Contact UKVI to find out how to cancel your application.
You can only get your fee refunded if your application hasn’t been processed yet.

You applied in the UK

You will not get your fee refunded if you cancel an application that you made in the UK.

It is sometimes possible to get your passport or other documents returned without withdrawing your application - you will be told whether you can do this when you fill in the form.
You may lose your permission to stay in the UK if you cancel your application.

You can not stop the cancellation once it’s been received by the Home Office.

For Further Information: