Welcome to East Cambridgeshire District Council's Ideas Forum
East Cambridgeshire District Council has joined more than 200 councils across the UK to declare a climate emergency. The Council has a significant role to play in protecting and improving the environment for future generations.
As part of our work to address this, we have created an ideas forum. This is a place for residents to share their ideas with the Council to help us deliver net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
The aim of the Ideas Forum was and continues to be, to provide residents with the opportunity to share their ideas with the Council to help reduce carbon emissions and, ultimately, become a net zero carbon emissions organisation.
The Ideas Forum is also the place to offer suggestion how we could boost the local natural environment of East Cambs.
The Ideas Forum remains open for any new suggestions you may have. All those received by end of February 2022 will be considered for the next iteration of this Environment Plan, due by June 2022.
How to suggest your ideas
You can send an email to email@example.com
You can call our Customer Services Team on 01353 665555 during office hours.
What happens next?
Once you have sent your idea, you will receive an acknowledgment email to confirm that it has been received.
Ideas received by end of February 2022 will be considered for the next iteration of this Environment Plan, due by June 2022.
We received many great ideas as part of the first round of the Ideas Forum
, which was undertaken during the end of 2019 and into January 2020. More details can be found below.
The second round of the Ideas Forum is also now complete and where we can, those ideas are translated into actions within our 2021/2022 Environment Plan
A summary of the ideas submitted to the previous round of the Ideas Forum and the Council's responses are available below:
Responses from the second round of the Ideas Forum were collated and considered to help create the next annual Action Plan
which was adopted by the Operational Services Committee in June 2021.
There was a great interest and ideas included:
- Lots of suggestions around improving cycling and walking facilities
- Ideas of how to improve communication and education
- Ideas around funding to help people and businesses cut their emissions
- Suggestions regarding green spaces and creating land for nature
- A desire for new development to be environmentally friendly and energy efficient
- Suggestions relating to renewable energy, including what we should encourage (and some we should not) and what incentives we should offer
- A large volume of suggestions relating to transport, including parking, buses and electric vehicles
- A strong desire to plant more trees (and protect those we have)
- Ideas relating to recycling