How to Pay
Payment can be made:
- Online using our Mooring Charge Notice Payment Form;
- By phoning 01353 665555 and using a debit or credit card;
- By post - send a cheque or postal order, made payable to 'East Cambridgeshire District Council' and send this to East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE, including your Mooring Charge Notice;
- In person at the District Council offices above.
PLEASE NOTE: No cash is accepted and under NO circumstances should payments of any sum be made to a Riverside Officer.
If paying by credit card, a charge will be added in line with that charged by the card payment service.
To pay online, or by telephone, please ensure you have your Mooring Charge Notice Number available.
When to Pay
If you have been issued with a Mooring Charge Notice, a charge of £100 is payable (a further £100 Charge Notice will be issued for every 24 hour period that the charge is breached).
This is reduced to £70 if the charge is paid within 14 days of the Mooring Charge Notice being issued.
If the mooring charge is not paid within 28 days, the Council can no longer accept payment and will commence debt recovery action (including court action) which will incur further costs.
How to Appeal
Any appeal concerning the issue of a Mooring Charge Notice must be made in writing quoting the Mooring Charge Notice number on the top right hand corner of the notice and date of issue to:
- Commercial Director, East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, ELY, Cambs, CB7 4EE.
Appeals against a Mooring Charge Notice should be made no later than 14 days from the date on which the Mooring Charge Notice was issued, and supported with evidence. Decisions are made in writing within 10 working days. Unsuccessful appeals received by East Cambs District Council within 14 days will be granted a further 14 days to pay the reduced charge of £70.00.