A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.
You can apply if you are:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3
You may be ready for an apprenticeship if you already have some work experience.
You will get:
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
Before you start
You can use the service to search for traineeships but you need to register if you want to apply for traineeships.
You can log in if you have an account.
Contact the National Careers Service for advice.
If you’re receiving benefits, contact Jobcentre Plus to check if the traineeship will affect your claim.