Report a Change of Circumstances if you have a Visa or BRP
You are in the UK and have a BRP
You must report any changes if you are in the UK and have either:
- got a biometric residence permit (BRP)
- applied for a BRP but have not had a decision yet
How you do this depends on what you are reporting.
Report a change of address only
You can change your address without having to apply for a new BRP.
Which form you fill in depends on whether you:
Report all other changes
You must report all other changes to your circumstances. How you do this depends on what has changed.
Changes to your name or personal details
You must apply for a new BRP straight away if any of these things change:
- name, for example if you have married
- facial appearance
- date of birth, for example if it was wrong
How you report the change and apply for a new BRP depends on whether you have:
- permission to stay in the UK temporarily (‘leave to remain’)
- permission to settle in the UK (‘indefinite leave to remain’)
You must apply for a new BRP within 3 months. You can be fined up to £1,000 or have your stay shortened if you do not.
Other changes you must report
You must report any other changes to the details you gave in your BRP application, including if:
- you get a criminal conviction
- you separate from your partner
- any of your children stop living permanently with you
Fill in the change of circumstances form and send it to the address on the form.
For Further Information: