East Cambs Street Scene is the company owned by East Cambridgeshire District Council to provide the Recycling and Waste service across the District.
What are our promises to you?
The Council has a set of service standards for Recycling and Waste which enable us to improve our service to residents and help us to increase recycling rates across the District.
We are always striving to improve the service but we also realise that we may not always get it right. If you have any feedback or feel that our standards have not been met, please contact us.
The following information sets out our standards and details what you can expect from the Recycling and Waste Service.
- provide a fortnightly recycling collection, alternating between food/garden waste and recyclables.
- provide a weekly black bag household waste collection.
- provide an assisted collection service for residents who are unable to present their bins or bags at the kerbside due to infirmity, serious long-term illness or disability and there are no other members of the household able to do so.
- collect a missed bin or bag collection by the end of the next working day if it has been correctly reported to the Council.
- deliver a new or replacement bin within 10 working days of the request.
- empty a full dog/litter bin by the end of the next working day if it has been correctly reported to the Council.
- remove non-offensive graffiti from public land within 2 working days of being correctly reported to the Council.
- remove offensive graffiti from public and private land within 1 working day of being correctly reported to the Council.
- remove non-hazardous fly-tipping within 3 working days of correctly being reported to the Council.
- provide a scheduled street cleansing service to the District according to the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- carry out a street cleansing service request within 5 working days (excluding major road ways).
How to help us
- place the correct bin or bag out for collection before 7am on your collection day but not before 6pm the night before.
- place the correct bin or bag where your property meets the boundary or at the agreed collection point.
- ensure all your recycling and waste is in the correct container. If your bin or bag is contaminated you will be left a bin tag or sticker giving details, please remove the item(s) ready for your next scheduled collection.
- report a missed collection after 12 noon on the day of collection and by the end of the next working day.