Fly-tipping on public land can be reported to Customer Services on 01353 665555 or via our Self Service Portal using the online form below:
We will need to know:
- the date, time and place where you saw the fly-tip
- a description of what has been tipped, and how much there is
- any vehicle registration or description (if known)
- a description of the person/people involved (if witnessed)
- do you have a photo or video of the event taking place?
- your contact details (in case our officers have trouble locating the tip)
- whether or not you would be willing to provide a statement for a prosecution
- and, do you know of any other witnesses?
- do NOT touch the waste - it may cause injury or be a hazardous material
- do NOT disturb the site, it is a potential crime scene - there may be evidence that could help to identify the fly-tippers and lead to a prosecution
- do NOT approach anyone you see fly-tipping - protect yourself first and foremost
Fly-tipping will normally be removed from town centres/shopping streets by the end of the next working day and other areas within 3 working days.
If you have items you wish to dispose of, please visit our pages for Bulky Collections and Neighbourhood Recycling Centres.
For more information see our Environmental Enforcement Strategy.
Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of waste, find out more about fly-tipping.