Fordham Neighbourhood Plan
A Referendum relating to the Fordham Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 8 November 2018.
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is ‘Do you want East Cambridgeshire District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Fordham to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’
The Referendum area is identified on the map which is included with this information statement. The Referendum area is identical to the designated Fordham Neighbourhood Area and covers the whole of Fordham Parish.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if:-
- He or she is entitled to vote in an election of any Councillor of East Cambridgeshire District Council whose area is in the Referendum area; and
- His or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address aspect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2483.07
The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 2052
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed below, may be inspected during normal office hours at:
- East Cambridgeshire District Council Electoral Services, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs CB7 4EE
The documents are also available for public viewing on the Council’s website at www.eastcambs.gov.uk
The specified documents are:
- The draft Fordham Neighbourhood Plan
- The report of the independent examiner into the draft Fordham Neighbourhood Plan;
- A summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner;
- A Decision Statement of the Local Planning Authority’s satisfaction that the draft Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions specified by statute and complies with the provision made by or under Section 38A and 38B of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004;
- A statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum;
- Map of the Fordham Neighbourhood Plan area.
The Specified documents are available from the Fordham-neighbourhood-plan page here: https://www.eastcambs.gov.uk/local-development-framework/fordham-neighbourhood-plan
John Hill Counting Officer East Cambridgeshire District Council
Electoral Services Nutholt Lane Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE
Dated: Monday 1 October 2018