Healthier Options is a pilot and local initiative to support small, independent food businesses across Cambridgeshire. The scheme was started in Littleport and has been extended to include businesses in Ely Town Centre
By making small changes to their menus, the food businesses can offer healthier choices in addition to the regular meals being sold. Once they have done this they can become members of the scheme.
The small independent business must have a rating of 3 or more.
Businesses that are taking part in the Healthier Options scheme are:
- Swan on the River 1 Sandhill Littleport
- YPL Granby Business Centre Granby Street Littleport
- The Copper Cup 3 Main Street Littleport
- The Refectory Ely Catherdral Ely
- The Fish House 5 Market Place Ely
After preliminary findings, the project is to undergo further evaluation by the University of Hertfordshire
For more information on the scheme please go to http://www.healthier-options.org.uk/