Open Data is information held by the government and local councils which is freely available for use and reuse by the public.
The aim is to make all data we hold available online (unless private or sensitive). All of the datasets are available under the Open Government Licence unless stated otherwise. You will see that this licence encourages you to download and re-use our data.
Data Transparency - Code of Recommended Practice for Local Authorities
The Code of Recommended Practice for Local Authorities on Data Transparency was published by the Department for Communities and Local Government in September 2011 and a revised version was published in 2015, link to which you can find below. The Code sets out key principles for local authorities in creating greater transparency through the publication of public data. A requirement of this Code is to publish 'Metadata' alongside the Dataset, this is to add context to the information so that the reader can understand fully what they are reading.
The code sets out a recommended set of data for publication.
To be published Quarterly:
- Expenditure exceeding £500- (Metadata also published below)
- Government Procurement Card Transactions - (Details of Transactions are included in the Expenditure Exceeding £500 spreadsheet)
- Procurement Information (Contracts and Tenders) - Documents are attached below entitled 'Contracts Register - Last Updated' and 'Tenders Register - Last Updated' - (Metadata also published below)
To be published Annually:
- Local Authority Land - Document is attached below entitled 'Asset Register 2015-2016 - Last Updated'
- Grants to Voluntary, Community & Social Enteprise Organisations - Document is attached below entitled 'Community Fund Tracking' and 'Service Level Agreement Funding'
- Organisation Chart - Documents are attached below.
- Trade Union Facility Time - Document is attached below (Metadata also published below)
- Parking Revenues - Documents are attached below entitled 'Car Parking Tickets - April to March'
- Controlled Parking Spaces
- Senior Salaries (included in the Statement of Accounts)
- Pay Multiple - see document below entitled 'Pay Policy Statement'
- Fraud - Documents are attached below entitled 'Fraud - Last Updated' - (Metadata also published below)
Information to be published once only:
- Waste Contracts - Included in the Contracts Register which is available below in the document entitled 'Contracts Register - Last Updated' referenced under number 703
This list will be continually added to as Datasets become readily available