Open Data is information held by the government and local councils which is freely available for use and reuse by the public.
The aim is to make all data we hold available online (unless private or sensitive). All of the datasets are available under the Open Government Licence unless stated otherwise. You will see that this licence encourages you to download and re-use our data.
Data Transparency - Code of Recommended Practice for Local Authorities
The Code of Recommended Practice for Local Authorities on Data Transparency was published by the Department for Communities and Local Government in September 2011 and a revised version was published in 2015, link to which you can find below. The Code sets out key principles for local authorities in creating greater transparency through the publication of public data. A requirement of this Code is to publish 'Metadata' alongside the Dataset, this is to add context to the information so that the reader can understand fully what they are reading.
The code sets out a recommended set of data for publication.
To be published Quarterly:
To be published Annually:
- Local Authority Land
- Grants to Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Organisations
- Organisation Chart
- Trade Union Facility Time
- Parking Revenues
- Senior Salaries
- Pay Multiple
Information to be published once only:
This list will be continually added to as Datasets become readily available
Other Datasets we hold which are published online already can be found at the links below:
- Business Rates Data
- Councillors Attendance - Oct 2020
- Car Leaseholds - Sep 2020
- Council Tax Support Scheme - Oct 2020
- Electoral Turnouts
- FOI Quarterly Statistics - Q2 2020/21
- Freedom of Information Disclosure Log
- Legal Expenditure - May 2019
- Members Allowances and Expenditures - Oct 2020
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions - Sep 2020
- Public Toilets - Jan 2019
- Purchasers of the Registers - May 2020
- Staffing Levels - Sep 2020