Further information about the East Cambridgeshire CIL can be obtained by e-mailing Cil@eastcambs.gov.uk or writing to the CIL Team, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs CB7 4EE.
The Council have created CIL guideance documents to assist you with the initial process these are available below:
These guidance documents include guidance on self-build relief and self-build residential annex or extension relief.
Further general information about the Community Infrastructure Levy can be obtained from the following:
- Planning Act 2008 (November 2008)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (March 2010)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (March 2011)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) Regulations 2012 (November 2012)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) Regulations 2013 (April 2013)
- Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) Regulations 2014
- Localism Act 2011 (November 2011)
Ministry Of Housing, Communities and Local Government Guidance
- Ministry of Housing CIL Webpage
- The Community Infrastructure Levy: Summary (November 2010)
- Community Infrastructure Levy: An Overview (May 2011)
- Community Infrastructure Levy: Further Reforms Consultation (April 2013)
Planning Portal guidance
The process and format of the forms is prescribed by the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010, and there are surcharges and penalties if these are not strictly followed. Failure to assume liability before the commencement of development can result in surcharges of between £50 to £500 per landowner who has an interest in the land. Anyone failing to submit a Commencement Notice or comply with an Information Notice, can be charged a surcharge up to a maximum of £2500. Details are set in Part 9 of the Regulations.
The CIL regulations require the Council to report on CIL collection and spend. The Council will do this as part of its Annual Monitoring Report, showing how much CIL has been collected, the total amount that has been spent, and the degree to which particular projects have benefitted, please see Delivery of Projects and Reports page